Friday, July 27, 2012

My Greatest Fall...

Evidence of my Fall haha! Guys I fell hard less than a mile into this run. The power plant near my apt is always covered in garbage and I tripped in a plastic wire (only me) skidded, scraped my arm and leg and my NEW mp3 player is TOTALLY b...roke....sigh I'm too poor to buy another one so REALLY pissed about that. God I'm such a Dorkette...wiped the dirt and blood then kept running....thought it wouldn't be a long run with me bruised and the intense heat but ended up doing 10miles. Now you see why I don't run fast...I'm ridiculously clumsy...
Then while running in I see this guy on a bike riding by me while pushing along another smaller Orange Bike...he passes me....later I come up on him and the other bike had rammed into his bike's wheel...I laughed and said "That was bound to happen"  he laughed too and I kept running.  A few minutes later he bikes past me and is holding the orange bike in one arm while holding his steering wheel with the other hand. He looks at me and winks, I laugh and said, "Good Idea!".  A few minutes later I see him stopped again on the rode and say, "Did you give up?"  He laughs and says, "Yes, I'm just going to give it away."  I had just passed two young boys either black or hispanic I'm not sure but they were biking by...I turned and said "why don't you give it to them?" he smiles and says "Yes, I already offered them".  I turn and see the boys are indeed turning around to come and get the orange bike.  I take this pic of them.  Then pause before I continue running...  The odd  paradox of NYC is that...this guy may have genuinely came by this orange bike by honorable means and out of the kindness of his heart decided to share his bounty with 2 complete strangers.......but then.....on the other hand...the city has a tainted heart..... its very possible he stole that orange bike, found that trying to get it back home was becoming a nuisance and gave it to two minority kids who might later be stopped by the police for having stolen a BRIGHT ORANGE bike....who knows....that was where I left the story...I can only hope for the brighter, happier, sweeter story...that's all one can ever really hope for when things are out of their control....

2 comments:

  1. Interesting paradox... Bummer about the MP3 player, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I already miss it. Hard getting motivated for a run when I know I will not have Fairy Music to enrich the experience.

    ReplyDelete