Thursday, July 19, 2012

19 miles in a Burka

I was just there to buy a MP3 player and go on my merry way.  But as he pulled me down an aisle and vehemently expressed the need for me to "cover" I realized AS USUAL my day would not be "USUAL"...I listened, I smiled and as he began speaking in Arabic and reciting quotes I bided my time.  Yes, I totally agree...been there...done that...but in my head...deep in my head I could not help but think, "When you run 19 miles in a burka then I will too..."  I want none of your limitations...it's not like I was naked, I had on a pair of shorts OVER a pair of tight workout pants and a "wife-beater" shirt.  God...I swear...when will men get OVER themselves, learn some FREAKING restraint, let me praise you how I praise you and let me be ME???


.....Even when I die...I shall not be constrained...like a bird I will soar for an eternity...dipping and diving through various lives and reality...why?  because I BELIEVE and KNOW I can...that's all it truly takes...

2 comments:

  1. Live your life to the fullest, Hajee, and ignore small minded individuals, you are an inspiration to the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you David :) That's what I'm trying my best to do. I don't like being restrained by other peoples ideas and commands...I am, have always been and shall forever be a "free Spirit" why? because in my most basic form, that's what makes me...undeniably..."me" :)

    ReplyDelete