Friday, August 3, 2012

The "Couldn't Sleep" Half-Marathon




I've been waking up around 3 and 4am for a few weeks now.  Result is a lot of vivid dreams and dark circles beneath my eyes.  While its fun chatting up my Endo Fam across the world at this time...I really would LOVE to be able to get some beauty sleep.  Anywho, this morning woke up again like clockwork and this time decided to do something constructive with my time...so I suited up and ended up running a half-marathon. 

This was not an easy half for me so VERY happy I made it through it...the last 4 miles were pure will power...my mind and body had already flown away to some exotic island in the pacific...my spirit was all on its own for this one... ;)))

Stomach is cramping now, legs tight, body weary and I'm in TONS of pain...but DAMMIT I LOVE IT! :)

[What was on my mind going up this ridiculously steep bridge this morning after mile 8?....."I think I can....I think I can...I think I can...I did!!!"]



2 comments: