Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Children...without voices...


When I was younger...I would sometimes cry myself to sleep while thinking about all the people without homes, food, the crippled, the weak and of course, the children at risk...  I was only a child myself but assumed that when I got older I could be this sort of wonder woman, a super being who could fly across the world and save them ALL.

Now of course...I realize that was just a fantasy...and still find myself at times...in bed...crying for all those people who have too little or are at the mercy of criminals, who don't have a voice or the strength to fight back...I hate this helpless feeling...knowing that at any moment of any second in the day...a child is being hurt or abused...absolutely kills me inside.  Unfortunately, procreation is NOT the result of combined "deep thought" or intellectual epiphanies...but something as base and widely practiced as sex.  Literally...any idiot can have a child.  And when said idiots have children...the drama begins...through improper rearing an entire life and possibly even generations can be destroyed...I guess the most anyone can do is HELP where they can...make sure ALL the children in your life are SAFE, HAPPY, HEALTHY...and by doing so... we CAN make this world a better place...It's really that SIMPLE and yet that seemingly out of reach...




No comments:

Post a Comment