Sunday, December 25, 2011

A Snippet from Chapter 8


“You are very beautiful… why would you be hidden away like this?” Robin asked gently.

Mirub laughed softly then spoke through her tear choked throat, “Beauty… it’s one of the worse curses ever made… My beauty made me stand out amongst my people… my beauty made me a rich man’s pet… my beauty stole away every chance I had to be a normal young girl who finds her partner,... gets married, has little babies and dotes on them as they grow up… My beauty made me a possession to be had; a rich man’s trophy…a broken doll sitting in a tower hidden away from…. life…” She finally broke down and began to cry openly.

Robin motioned for Roami to do something. He walked towards Mirub and patted her back soothingly.

“It’s okay. We consider you a friend Mirub. Robin and I won’t let you remain a prisoner here. We are looking for a way out of Fitz and when we do we will get you out of here too. This is a promise.” Roami said with determination.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment