Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Leaving Maryland...

Felt like there was something special about this trip...  Something about it brought the past into the light.  Ended up sitting in my friends kitchen this morning, sipping coffee, reminiscing and crying my eyes out.  I always tell everyone I have a bad memory but after this morning I can't help but wonder if it is not a glitch in my recall ability but rather a desire to push everything into the deep dark closets of my mind.  It seems like everytime I share a story from my childhood with a friend, I can't help but realize how much of a soldier I truly am.  My friends husband was crazed about "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" and that entire book series...  The more he went on and on about the main character...her craziness...her genius...her pain...her eventual role as a heroine...I could not help but feel as if he were describing me in my most essential form...  Like my main character "Robin" in Questmyre I felt like today I had gazed into the glowing light of a "Sad Sally Flower" and came away with tears; yes... but also with a sense that part of my pain had been sucked away....

No comments:

Post a Comment