Sunday, February 3, 2013

Superbowls and Bleached Khakis...Life is funny :)



Life can be soooo funny at times.  I don't follow sports at all...but I think anyone with a pulse knows this thing they call the "Super Bowl" is today.  I just happened to look at the news and saw the Ravens are playing.  Some of my close friends know I met Ray Lewis (of the Ravens) years ago...probably in 2000 I think, while riding a grey hound bus from Virginia (oddly enough).  I had no idea who he was, but we had sparked up a convo and he told me he played football and was being allowed back on the Ravens after having "nearly messed things up" or something like that.  We sat and talked for most of the ride and he told me how he was trying to get his life back together etc.  He mentioned that he needed a "good girl" like me in his life and he was sure he would stay focused and not get sidetracked (yeah he was trying to spit game lol). 

Anywho, he gave me his number before we parted ways.  I was wearing a purple scarf (don't ask) and khaki pants with tons of pockets (don't ask) and put his number in one of the pockets.  I wasn't interested in him romantically but figured I would keep in touch.  Long story short, I forgot about the paper, washed the pants in bleach (don't ask) and never had the chance to call.   Now watching his prep for this major event, I'm excited he FINALLY got things together outside of those issues a few years back and really hope they win.  I won't be watching the game (trying out Hot Yoga today woohoo) but whereas I usually just root for the team with the prettiest colors...today I know who I'm standing behind.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment