Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A Lifetime Dream closer to coming true...and I nearly missed it!


http://www.britwriters.com/news/brit-writers-awards-2012-the-winners.html

Just found out I was granted the Brit Writers "International Writer" award!  I flew out to London from NYC for the awards but left the ceremony probably just SECONDS before they called my name.  I was not aware I was even nominated for this category.  Definitely learned a few life lessons here but overall STILL SOOOO EXCITED about this achievement!!!

I had a great speech prepared that is now lost in some other dimension of time and space...but i'll use this post to say the most important parts...i started off thanking God but that obviously goes without saying...i then spoke about a little girl growing up in the Bronx with big dreams and high hopes...and I went on to say...that my father helped me write my first poem, was my biggest supporter and greatest fan...and I was certain that he could see this and all my future achievements knowing he played a major part..and among any applause for my work, even in death, his would be the loudest and most sincere...


KEEP DREAMING, NEVER GIVE UP, KEEP HOPE ALIVE: all so very cliche and YET all SO VERY TRUE!!!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment