Sunday, February 17, 2013

Disco Skate Funkadelic!



Created a group meetup for the latest Down n Derby Disco Skate Party (LOVE THESE BTW) and ended up lost in the streets of BK for a good 30 mins (sadly I AM a Native New Yorker......who gets lost in the city EVERY DAY).  But a guy I never met, but was supposed to meet with there was nice enough to walk out and meet me halfway.  When I got there the music was great but the space was no bigger than a dance floor.  That of course did not stop the crowd from throwing on their skates and having a GREAT TIME!  Of course "Sammy" (apparently everyone knows him) was there. I had seen him at the last party dressed in a skin-tight purple glitter outfit doing twists and flips on the floor.  This time he had glitter SHORT SHORTs and a huge feather in his hair.  GOTTA LOVE THIS GUY!!!  He really makes the party.  I truly enjoyed myself and although I never met up with the group I stuck with a few people there and at times got lost in the music...went out to the middle of the dance/skate floor with my head thrown back and eyes close and swam in the euphoria!  (no....i don't drink or take drugs...I'm just naturally spacey ;))

Can't wait for the next disco skate party!!!!  wooohooo!!!

Thinking of taking skating lessons with one of our group members, check out her vid she's good:




No comments:

Post a Comment