Sunday, November 11, 2012

Redemption Painting...or "Magic Sands"


A month ago...or "Once upon a time"...after a 15 mile run, I stopped by my Cousin's place and she asked if I wanted to "paint"...haven't painted in years but thought it might be fun...it was definitely therepeutic but the picture came out HORRIBLE....apparently a few family members saw it later and said "which of the kids drew this?" hahaha so I felt I had to "redeem" myself... returned to cousin's place with the sole purpose of painting a masterpiece...i painted...and painted...finished...looked at the end result... and honestly wanted to cry...it STILL sucked...Gave up...went to bed...but hardly slept because I couldnt' get the suckiness of the painting out of my head....woke up first thing in the morning and blacked out the bottom (where I had put a small park and 2 aliens kissing...yeah...don't ask) and just made some abstract "magic sand"....yes...the painting STILL  SUCKS...but at least I now know my limitations...while I was a great artist in my former life...alas...I'll just have to stick to writing and running in this one.. ;)))

No comments:

Post a Comment