Friday, November 2, 2012

Blurry New York


Very interesting evening...biked to the heart of LIC to meet a stranger...first person from Finland (I honestly thought the place didn't really exist  up until now...weird but true) and an artist so you know I had fun lol but felt a bit like I was walking in a dream...the city is like a whole nother place...subways sealed, gas stations either out of order or with lines of cabs that wrap around the block for a mile, TONS of people on the pulaski pedestrian bridge and cars piled up because mass tran is still not reliable...as USUAL got stopped while with my new friend by a few people asking for directions (REALLY???  Do I look like I know where I am?  I really need to work on looking a bit more ditzy apparently) and the toll booths below the bridge were completely barren...felt like what the world would look like after one of those armaggedon 2012 movies...but amazing how adaptable people are...you either figure out a way, keep moving or get left behind...



No comments:

Post a Comment